Friendly Rentals Terms and Conditions
- Your apartment is booked upon receipt of the booking deposit.
- This prepayment should be made by credit card, paypal or by telephone.
- Your booking is not confirmed until Friendly Rentals receives the pre-payment and you have received the confirmation email from Friendly Rentals within 24hours weekdays or 48 hours weekends and holidays.
- This confirmation email contains all your booking details such as the address of the apartment, contact details, balance due on arrival, and other arrival and departure instructions.
- On arrival, you must pay the rental balance and the refundable damage deposit. The payment method is described in more detail in your reservation confirmation email.
- You should pay the remaining balance in cash upon arrival.
- Under certain circumstances, payment can be made by credit card which incurs a 3% (Visa or MasterCard), or 4% (American Express) additional fee. For more information, please read the apartment description.
- Under certain circumstances, payment can also be made via bank transfer provided that:
- · the corresponding net amount is received in our bank account 1 week prior to arrival (bank charges are paid for by the guest)
- · we have confirmed reception of such amount in writing
An overnight accommodation tax has been applied by the Catalan Government as of 1st of November 2012.
The fee of 0,50€ per person per night for a maximum of 7 nights is not included in the rental price of the apartment and your check-in agent will ask for this to be paid. Anyone under the age of 17 is exempt. For further information please refer to the following official Catalan Government website.
- All cancellations or changes must be made via email or fax. Cancellations or changes by phone are not accepted.
- The pre-paid booking deposit will not be refunded in the event of cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation of a fully paid booking (100% of stay) , there is a cancellation charge corresponding to the number of days it was made prior to the day of arrival:
- · More than 90 days before: 25% of the total amount.
- · 30-89 days before: 50% of the total amount.
- · Less than 30 days before: 100% of the total amount.
- In the event that the guest changes the dates or apartment, it will be considered a new booking and will be subject to the standard cancellation procedures.
- It is strongly recommended that clients purchase holiday cancellation insurance. Any cancellation, including force majeure, will be subject to the aforementioned cancellation policy.
- If, after receipt of the confirmation email, Friendly Rentals is unable to provide the client with the property that they booked or a property with similar or better characteristics, the client will be refunded subject to the following conditions:
- 100% of the pre-paid amount plus compensation equal in amount to the pre-payment originally requested.
Upon arrival guests will be asked to provide a damage deposit as well as a valid credit card number as guarantee for the apartment and its content for any damages caused.
Please note that by accepting our Terms and Conditions you agree that any damages caused by you or your accompanying party will be deducted from your damage deposit, and that you will also be liable for any excess damages.
Depending on the apartment, a damage deposit ranging from 200-500 euro will be requested upon arrival. This damage deposit should be paid in cash or by credit card. Please see your confirmation email to see which method of payment is required.
- Cash. All damage deposits paid in cash will be refunded in full at check-out, and following an inspection of the apartment for any damages.
- Credit card: All deposits paid with a credit card will be refunded to that same card used for payment made, between 4 to 7 days following departure into the apartment, and after inspection for damages.
Arrival and Departure
Preparation for arrival
- Please ensure that you provide us with your correct arrival time so that we can plan your check-in and keep your contact person informed of any changes or delays.
- Your contact person will have your contact number and email in the event that we need to contact you with regards to your arrival time. You can send this information via email to email@example.com, or call on (+34) 93 268 80 51.
- Your confirmation email clearly states where you can find your contact person on the day of your arrival.
- You should call your contact person when you arrive at the airport (or 1 hour prior to arriving at your destination city in car) and they will inform you if you should make your way:
- To our office, where our check-in department will receive you and give you further check-in instructions, keys, and the address of your apartment.
- To the apartment, where our check-in agent will receive you and give you the keys, as well as further apartment information
- The apartment will be available as of 15:00h, however we will always try to accommodate clients arriving early if we possibly can. It is extremely important that we have your correct arrival time. You will be obliged to wait for your contact person and your check-in will be delayed if we do not have this information.
- Please remember that check-in is between 15.00h and 02.00h. If you are arriving after 21.00h, there is a late check-in fee of 30€.
Your departure from the apartment
- You should leave the apartment before or at 11:00. Leaving after 11:00 without prior authorisation will be penalised.
- If you need to leave the apartment at a later time, please ask if this is possible at check-in. We will try to meet your request if we do not have an early arrival the following day. If it is possible, you may stay in the apartment until 18:00 but this will be subject to an additional charge of 50% of the apartment rental price per night. Leaving any time after 18:00 will entail an additional charge corresponding to the full rental price per night of the apartment.
- On the day of your departure you should leave the apartment clean and tidy with all waste correctly disposed of. Please leave the keys on the table and close the door behind you after making sure that you have all your personal belongings with you and after ensuring that the main door to the building is not locked with a key.
- We can book a taxi prior to your departure if you request one in advance.
- The apartment will have been cleaned prior to guests arrival.
- Before leaving, the client is obliged to leave the apartment in perfect conditions, i.e. all waste should be correctly disposed of and the apartment tidied. If not, there will be an additional cleaning charge.
Number and identity of guests
- The client should inform Friendly Rentals of the number of guests in the booking.
- Only those persons indicated in the booking made by the client may enter the apartment, unless an alternative agreement has been reached with Friendly Rentals.
- The number of clients using the apartment should not exceed the number assigned to each apartment, except for in the case of infants under the age of two.
- Pets are not allowed unless permission has been specifically granted.
- Should the client fail to comply with any of the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, Friendly Rentals reserves the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
Conduct in apartments
- Loud music and parties are strictly prohibited. Guests in a Friendly Rentals apartment should be aware that if loud music is played, or a party is held, and the neighbours complain and/or police are called, you may be immediately removed from the apartment regardless of the time, day or night.
- Noise regulations and respect for other residents between 22:00 and 10.00. We would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter and we hope you understand that these rules are necessary, as our apartments are located in residential buildings with people that have to get up early and go to work. The quiet time in the evening for the neighbours should therefore be respected.
- The client, on signing the contract at check-in agrees to behave responsibly and correctly on behalf of their accompanying party as well as themselves. If this person, or any of the accompanying party behaves in an unsuitable and incorrect manner, Friendly Rentals reserves the right to ask the person and their accompanying party to leave the apartment. Furthermore, from that moment on they will have no right to future claims or any form of compensation. Finally, the client will lose all payments made including the apartment rental and the deposit..
- May we remind you that on booking an apartment with Friendly Rentals you automatically accept our Terms and Conditions, which we expect you to comply with. You will also have to sign these Terms and Conditions at check-in on the day of your arrival.
- Neither Friendly Rentals nor the owner will be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages caused to the apartment as consequence of use by the client. This includes damages, insurance, loss due to fire, theft, and misconduct.
- In the event that the client fails to comply with the aforementioned Terms and Conditions, Friendly Rentals reserves the right to ask the client to leave the apartment, and the client in question can not request any form of compensation.
All the apartment descriptions and information apply to the published apartments. Whilst Friendly Rentals will do everything in its power to make sure that the details are correct and as accurate as possible, Friendly Rentals will assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur.
Friendly Rentals also reserves the right to change the published information on the website at any time including prices, descriptions, and photos.
Friendly Rentals reserves the right to update any of these Terms and Conditions at any time if it is deemed necessary, and in the interest of the company.
Users are responsible for reading the Terms and Conditions outlined on this page. Accepting the use of this website immediately implies that they have accepted any changes that may be made by any third party, and that the third party commits to complying with these changes.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect the statutory rights of the user.
1. Personal Data Protection Act
In accordance with that set forth under current legislation as regards Personal Data Protection, you are hereby informed and accept that your data will be included in an automated file held by FRIENDLY RENTALS, S.L. for the sole purposes of carrying out requested administration. You may contact FRIENDLY RENTALS, S.L. to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition according to law by writing to this address: Passatge Sert, no. 4, Barcelona, or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also expressly authorise FRIENDLY RENTALS, S.L. to provide your personal data to collaborators and banking institutions in order to comply with this contract and for the purposes of invoicing and fund collection, respectively.
In compliance with that stipulated in Article 21 of the Information Society and E-commerce Services Act 34/2002, if you do not wish to receive any more information about our services, you may unsubscribe by writing to the email address: email@example.com, with the subject “Unsubscribe” or “Do not send emails”.
2. Website legal notice
This website is owned by Friendly Rentals, S.L., Passatge Sert, no. 4, tax ID code B-63257810, recorded at the Trade Register of Barcelona, Page 1, Volume 35922, Sheet no. B-278180, Entry 1.
Copyright © 2011 Friendly Rentals Barcelona