Guide New York - For Children
If you are planning a family vacation let New York be your first choice. The city is full of superb activities for all ages. Very few cities in the world offer the possibility of ice skating, boat riding, go to the theater, to the zoo, play the piano with your feet, take a ride on a Ferris wheel, see dinosaurs or even eat a chocolate pizza. One could do all those things in New York in the same day!
Also, the main museums in the city grant free access for kids.
Museums for children in New York
Here are links to some of the Museums and exhibitions that will thrill kids and parents alike.
- Hayden Planetarium at the American Natural History Museum:
- Butterflies Conservatory at the American Natural History Museum:
- Frogs A Chorus of Colors at the American Natural History Museum:
- Journey to the Stars at the American Natural History Museum:
- American Museum of Natural History for KIDS:
- Metropolitan Museum for Kids:
- Museum of the City of New York:
- Sony Wonder Tech Lab:
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum:
- Intrepid Museum:
- Museum of Television and Radio:
Great for adults and kids, at the ESPN Zone you will find all sorts of arcades and games.
Ice Skating in New York
If you come to New York during the winter, don’t miss the opportunity to take your kids ice skating. It has become has become a classic New York winter experience for New Yorkers and visitors alike.
- Rockefeller Center:
- Battery Park on Ice:
- Bryant Park:
- Central Park:
Parks & Recreation
Central Park is just perfect for walking, jogging, skating, biking, rent a boat, or make spectacular pictures. Check this link to see all the different sights you can find in Central Park.
- Central Park & all its sights:
Zoos, Aquariums and Gardens
In this link you will be able to find links to New York’s zoos, aquariums and gardens.
- Zoos, Aquariums and Gardens:
Shows for kids
New York offers many shows that are perfect for families entertaining children and parents in a spectacular way.
- Broadway Shows for Kids:
- Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall:
Shopping for Kids
Shopping in New York is wonderful experience. Kids dream of a toy store like FAO Schwarz and in New York dreams become a reality.
- FAO Schwarz:
- American Girl Place:
- Build a Bear Workshop:
- Nintendo World Store:
- Other Toy Stores in NYC:
Restaurants for Kids
Parents can take their children to any restaurant in New York. But here is a list of some of the ones considered to be especially suited for kids. If there are chocolate lovers in the family, don’t miss Max Brenner.
- List of Kid Friendly restaurants in NYC:
- Planet Hollywood:
- Hard Rock Cafe Times Square:
- Max Brenner, the Chocolate Restaurant, at Union Square: