It’s time to welcome in summer and almost, almost the weekend! And it’ll be a slightly different kind of weekend in Barcelona, in which the Sant Joan celebrations
will be taking over the streets. We imagine that many of you have already prepared a veritable arsenal of firecrackers and have already got your bathing suits ready for a late night swim. But for everyone looking for alternative plans and things to do, here’s our guide to what’s on this weekend in Barcelona
Friday, June 22nd
– The Bristol Trio is coming to Barcelona with an ambitious proposition. Over two days, they’ll give a concert
in the company of a team of national and international artists such as MF Doom, King Creosote & Jon Hopkins and Bear in Heaven. After that, the pioneers of trip-hop will keep the party going in the Sala Razzmatazz. Where and when:
22nd and 23rd of June in the Poble Espanyol (Av. Francesc Ferrer Guàrdia, 13) from 8.30 pm. Party and concerts in Razzmatazz (C/ Almogàvers, 122) at 12.30am. How much:
entrance € 58, two-day pass € 95.
TORRES Y RASCACIELOS ("Towers and Skyscrapers")
– The desire to reach for the skies and construct the tallest possible buildings seems to be built into our genetic code. From the Tower of Babel to more modern skyscrapers such as the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, this exhibition will take us through various emblematic buildings that have tried to reach the heavens. Photography, paintings, models, construction workshops and activities for children. Where:
Caixa Forum (Av. del Marquès de Comillas). When:
from the 20th of June to the 9th of September. How much:
Saturday, June 23rd
BARCELONA YOGA DAY
– Salute the sun to welcome in the summer solstice… Classes in meditation, dance, various styles of yoga, choral chanting, cooking workshops, conferences, vegetarian food and a host of activities have been organised to celebrate World Yoga Day in Barcelona. Where:
Parc de l’Estació del Nord. When:
from 8am to 8pm. How much:
NOCHES EN LA PEDRERA ("Nights in La Pedrera")
– Along with the arrival of the summer heat comes the summer nights in la Pedrera. A unique opportunity to enjoy this work of Gaudi by the light of the moon. You can contemplate Barcelona from the terrace of this magical building, with a cup of cava and live jazz music. What more could you ask for? Where:
Casa Milà (Passeig de Gràcia, 92). When:
from the 21st of June to the 8th of September, every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10pm. How much:
Sunday, June 24th
PRIDE BARCELONA 2012
- The gay pride festival is back in Barcelona, with a host of free concerts, sporting activities, exhibitions, cinema showings and activities as fun as high-heel races and foam parties. Although the main course will be this weekend, this event is already starting to make some noise… Where and when: various places in the city. How much: free.
- Is there anything more kitsch and tacky than summer souvenirs? Perhaps sandals with white socks? See for yourself in an exhibition of photos of Martin Parr dedicated to tourism, typical tourist photos and holiday memories… The show will be completed by an ‘interesting’ collection of souvenirs. Where: CCCB (C/ Montalegre, 5). When: from the 30th of May to the 21st of October. How much: € 5. Sunday afternoons free. If you bring a souvenir, you can get in for free and Exchange it for another one.
Be good (or not), enjoy the Night of Fire and… may all your Sant Joan dreams come true!
Laura - Marketing Team
For a larger map, click here